1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Thursday, December 17, 2015

Back into it

I am now on Annual Leave - we have a Company Shut Down - this year from 16th December (I won't comment any further on that decision....), so I have promised myself a certain number of hours of domestic duties (erk) per day and then I can sew.   I have a lot on my To Do List - including Nature's Journey.  

Being my first day I didn't want to overdo the domestic stuff - so I allocated 40 minutes and then finished trimming my blocks.  Now
 I can start arranging them.


So, Hows it going girls??   - we have had one recent finish from Oddbjørg - a total of 5 now and we have 20 finished tops.

I know this is a frantic time of the year for some, so maybe not before Christmas....but perhaps some of us will be able to get back to it after Christmas??

We would like to see more finished quilts of course - but more finished tops would be wonderful...you don't really want another UFO lying around do you???

Do I need the whip again???

Image result for whip images

3 comments:

Michell said...

After a annus horribilis year and this was put on a back burner I endeavour to complete it. I started the year with good intentions, but personal things stuffed everything up here. Roll on 2016

Fairy Floss Stitches said...

Righto!!.. I hear you Susan…. I'm on to it!!!

nimble thimble stitchery-do said...

Mine is being quilted as I write. My friend Brenda has a long arm business and I'm sure I am her main business. Sent 5 quilts off before Christmas and have three back already. Oh my...need to work some overtime to pay for them. Lol. I will be taking long arm lessons in March so I hope to start quilting my own and saving my money for our next trip to you beautiful land Downunder!