1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Monday, December 31, 2012

A fabulous start.........Devestating finish

I started today so full of hope. All my blocks are now completed. Sashings cut. Just working on putting rows together when my 15 year old son screamed "Mum, there's a fire!"

Yes, there was a fire. It went into the external wall, burnt the back of a fridge and went into the floor of the family room above.  Needless to say, my sewing plans are on hold.

We still have a home.  I still have all my blocks from SKOW. We are all safe. Power went back on about 3 hours after the fire fighters left.

So instead of my major night of sewing and getting over the line by the early hours of 2013, I'll be spending the evening with some still frightened children. I don't think I've ever been quite as frightened as I was today.

So, I'll be a few days before I can say "quilt top", but I'm going to get there. I'll be watching for the announcement of the new SAL and hope to be joining you all very, very soon.

Happy New Year everyone. I've known for a long time, but it was reinforced today, staying safe is the most important thing. So, wishing everyone a safe new year.

Cheers

Marg

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my Marg what an ordeal,love your positive thinking and you are right something like this sorts out the important things in life.xx

Chookyblue...... said...

Marg you were "on fire" with the stitching not supposed to have a fire in the house........OMG I am so pleased to hear you are all ok and still have a house and everything will be ok.......yes I am sure your kids will be unsettled........take care of them and yourself........stay safe for sure........the quilt top will happen when things settle.........

Fiona said...

what a scare... so glad you are all okay.... big hugz to all...
Hugz

Cheryl (aka Kayly) said...

Okay you win the competition for the best excuse for not finishing.
How traumatic! Glad to hear everyone okay and the damage was confined to as small an area as possible. Take care of yourself and family. Yes, I agree it does put life in prospective.

Susan said...

OMGosh - what a shock for everyone I'm sure - sounds like it was good you were at home. Life does throw out some challenges along the way. Look after your little ones and we'll be looking out for your top.

Susie said...

oh my gosh! how frightening! (one of my greatest fears). I think you need to count yourself extremely lucky. All the best with the clean up.

Susie said...

oh my gosh! how frightening! (one of my greatest fears). I think you need to count yourself extremely lucky. All the best with the clean up.