1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Sunday, October 14, 2012

An Update–finally!!

I have been making slow but steady progress on my quilt.  I’ve been unable to blog as my laptop bit the dust, & although my dd loaned me hers, it’s taken  me ages to set it up to be able to process photos.

Rows 1-3row 4

I have finished Rows 1 to 3 & part of row 4.

blocks from rows 4 - 5sun & sewing

Nearly all the other blocks are finished or close to it. I’ve written ‘Rise & Shine’ on my sun block. Mum used to wake me with that phrase every morning, drove me bats, but now it makes me smile. She’ll laugh when I tell her. :-) I can’t help thinking the sun looks liked a fried egg, hopefully when all the rays are embroidered it will be ok.

I’m not doing the butterfly block, it doesn’t grab me but I haven’t decided what to do in it’s place.

rows 5 - 6   top & bottom

I’ve also made my top & bottom strips, the strips to go between rows 4 & 5, & the strips for the right hand side are nearly done.

So I’m working away, my aim is to have my top done by the deadline & maybe even layered ready for me to quilt.

cheers,

Jan Q

6 comments:

Susan said...

You are doing really well - love the quilts hanging on the line.
Gosh its a pain when your computer goes on the blink - I hope you are up and running real soon.

Love Bears All Things said...

Wow, you are making great progress and I love what you did for the quilts on your sewing block.
Mama Bear

Frederika said...

Your making progress. It looks like you will be rady for the deadline.
Happy quilings

Susie said...

Jan, your quilt thus far looks fantastic! I especially adore the little pillow fabric on the chair - its so cute. Well done.

Vicki ♥ said...

I love your chair block and I am going to copy you and put a cushion on my chair....I hope you dont mind :) Love your blocks :) hugs Vicki x

Jan Quigley said...

Thanks everyone for your kind commments. I'm having a lot of fun making this quilt.
Vicky I see you have added cushions & they look very pretty. I think that's one of the many great things about us all working together, that we can incorporate other people's ideas into our quilts. One of the first things I learned was that I could change things & omit blocks & add my own designs if I wanted. I will miss this when it's over.