1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Monday, September 10, 2012

52 sleeps...........

So where is everyone else up to............
52 sleeps til the deadline....
the sidebar has got to get heaps of letters on it this month...............
If no progress then I am going to start culling the sidebar................I know a bit radical but truely if you are not sharing on the blog and not even doing any sewing on the quilt I am cutting out some work for me in trying to keep you motivated..........the idea of the SAL is to make the quilt AND share the progress................trust me I know life happens...I lost the plot at the start.....mine life is very crap in some parts and out of control so I do understand if things have changed and it's just not possible for you to do this now but let me know.....
the whip is being CRACKED
.........bigger then ever before.............I was even trying to think of a blog title something like "how do I crack the w--- on myself" or W---ping myself" but thought that would get too many inappropriate internet hits.......lol....
IF you haven't made a start join my mission as I want to get mine done in time..........if not let me know and I will leave you in peace.........
Come on show us your progress big or small......we all need support to stay on track...
Happy Stitching
Chookyblue

8 comments:

De said...

Few more blocks for me to finish and a couple that just need the writing done, then up the final piecing....Im so glad I did that as I went! I will be finished and I will be sharing very soon!

Jan Quigley said...

I'm here & still sewing. I have finished the first 3 rows, the top & bottom borders & nearly all the rest of the blocks are finished or at least started. I've been side tracked dealing with applying for letters of administration for my late aunt, a total nightmare. My marriage of 33 years ended, leaving me sad & angry. My fibromyalgia has meant my arms are painful & not working well, BUT my sewing has saved my sanity, & although I sometimes only manage a few stitches, I'm getting there, & I am determined to get my top together this month.

Susan said...

Chooky, I am well advanced - really - but working a lot of extra hours so not a lot of progress but hope to be over work by the end of September and maybe have a day or two off. don't give up on me - pleeeeeese.

suzitee said...

Onto it Chooky! I need to photograph where I'm up to...that will be on my to-do list for tomorrow!

Fiona said...

I had to have a laugh at your self whipping ... and subsequent possible internet hits!!!

Go everyone, go... we can do it!!!
Hugz

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Thanks to this blog, I have just started SKOFW ! I'm just one year too late !

What a fun ! I'm one block done, ha,ha !

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

I'm here, I'm here...piecing the last block!!!!!!!!!

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

I have ordered my batting so I am just that little closer to getting my top out and quilting it! oh, and yes I dare say had you gone with one of those titles you might have got a few unwanted internet hits! lol