1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Friday, June 1, 2012

May Deadline Reached


Popping in to show that I have met my May goal....
and still about 8 hours to go until June 1, here in the USA...
I was able to show all of the "sewing block" and some of the strips in this first photo.....I embroidered my thread spools and my buttons are really buttons.......for the tape measure, I used a little strip of the real thing...also, I miscalculated when tracing off the words, thus my tiny quilt blocks are at the top of my block.



I was hoping to crop the "Best Friends" block enough so you
could see the hair and legs but nada...I used
the colors of my hair for the lady on the right
and my best friend: Rene's on the left....then I embroidered
our names beside the dresses.....I added lace and 
Rick Rack trim to my hems....the legs are flesh toned.




I didn't think I would make the deadline as I couldn't
get in the mood to do it for the first week and then
the blocks were much more detailed than others 
we've done...Luckily for me I had sewn the patchwork
in April so it was ready to go....
I have almost finished my Cat block and the 
shoe block:substituted an embroidered bear
since bears are one of my favorite things....
Shoes: not so much.
Happy Stitching
Mama Bear
Sammie

8 comments:

Fiona said...

Great blocks Sammie.... they were more detailed that the others but now it sounds like you are ahead for next month....
Hugz

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

They look great Sammie...one day I'm going to do this quilt!

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

The sweng block felt likt the "Hump" block for me but now its done, like you, it is a shart run to the home stretch with the next lot of blocks being easier and quicker. Enjoy your stitching :o)

Susan said...

Great progress - I really need to get a move on - funny - I dont like shoes as such - but I love the shoe block so Im going to do it anyway.

Deb R said...

Looking good :)

laura said...

You don; t care so much for shoes? Good for you changing it up then and making the quilt YOUR favorite things. Laura

FloS said...

Lovely "best friends" block !
Florence

Chookyblue...... said...

Hey Sammie......you missed the G on piecing...........perfect timing........