1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Saturday, April 7, 2012

More Progress to Share...


Hello!  :)

I'm really having a great time with this quilt! So far the applique and stitcheries are so fun! They're going pretty quick too. I just watch my favorite tv shows and stitch away. I managed to finish up the next set of blocks. Here they are . . .


And a closer look at the chocolates . . . yummm!  :)


The daisy . . .


And some hot chocolate in a yummy pink floral cup . . .


And then there's the ice cream cone . . . can you say "yummmm" again?!!!  :)


And the end of this set . . . a good book. I choose a favorite Danielle Steele book of mine. I know . . . I love romance novels. (At least I did when I use to read.)


I really can't believe how quickly these blocks are coming together for me. Finally getting a start on this quilt has got me back in the swing of things again . . . yea!!!  :)

Here's the next set of blocks all appliqued and ready to stitch . . .


I hope you're enjoying this quilt's progress with me. I'm hoping to begin cutting all the blocks and strips to join these blocks together Saturday. I probably won't though as it's the hunky dude's birthday this weekend and I'll probably be busy with him. I did get him a rolling tool cart that he needs to put together though so maybe he'll be busy with that and I can get some cutting done. Guess we'll have to wait and see.  :)

Until next time . . .


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

lovely,well done Cherise.xx

Susan said...

So colourful - they look great!

FloS said...

Waoh !! I love your blocks !! so full of colors and joy !
Florence

Love Bears All Things said...

These are beautiful blocks!
Mama Bear

Kris said...

Lovely blocks! You have heaps done. Once you get to cutting the squares and strips you'll have so much together!