1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Friday, September 23, 2011

Very Slow Progress

I have planned to spend the whole day yesterday sewing to complete my quilt.  Life has a way of getting in the way.  On Wednesday evening, my DD announced that her student accommodation was ready now for her to move into, a week early!!  So I spend the day packing not sewing.   The up side to this,  I do not have to spend next week being her personal taxi to her university in the city.
As I wanted to show lots of photos of my progress ending with a complete quilt, I now will have to wait a little longer.  So here are some photos of the blocks.  


I love all the quilts that the wonderful the stitchers have finished and posted so far.  I feel my choice of fabrics are boring and plan to be a little bolder with the next stitch-along!!
I will post again next week. I am still hopeful to have finished by the end of the month.  Thanks for all the comments and encouragement.
Deborah

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

it looks great Deborah,well done

Love Bears All Things said...

I love your binding colors. They are rich and make the embroider pop.
The best laid plans....and all that. I went to the studio with the thought of making great progress, started sewing my wall hanging together and had to take one block out twice because I sewed it on either sideways or upside down....so it wasn't to be.
Mama Bear

countryblocks said...

very nice. I enjoy hand embroidery
and like angels.

Patty C. said...

It may be slow - But it looks lovely ;)

Esperanza✿⊱ said...

wwwooo i love your red work. I'm your fan. See you latter!!

Fiona said...

no no no... not boring.. it is striking.... love it.

Hugz

Susan said...

Not that much more to do - and next week you will be so free!! It looks great - love the effect of just 2 colouras!

Chookyblue...... said...

Wow Deborah.......all bordered.....super.......