1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Monday, June 27, 2011

Finished ...

I finished my quilt a few days ago and although I posted about it on my blog I forgot about posting it here :)


I'm quite happy with how it turned out, although I should have been more accurate when I trimmed the stitchery blocks, a couple were a bit large which in turn made it a bit difficult when it came to putting all the blocks together, as some of them were a smidgen larger than others.  I'm planning to make at least one of the projects from the Tis the Season book, I quite like the look of the Christmas Angels Hanging Pocket.

9 comments:

Vickie said...

wow Pip I love the way the red pops,well done,cheers Vickie

Anonymous said...

well done Pip it looks fantastic

Marg said...

Congratulations. Isn't it a wonderful feeling!! I've started the bag - but haven't progressed very far. Like the wall hanging, too.

Kris said...

;) Love it Pip!

Fee said...

Well done Pip - It looks fantastic !!

Lindas hobbyhjørne said...

Så utrolig nydelig stoffer du har kjøpt :) Så mye fint du kan lage av det :)
Ha en god natt :)

Stitched With Prayer said...

Pip, It is just wonderful...oh, I am so, so envious, happy for all of you that are finishing up but still envious because I am still limping along. Summer arrived here suddenly and we have been so very busy I haven't had much time for any sewing and I've been having some weird issues with my eyes and I'm having trouble seeing my stitches. I do have the first three finished but have not yet taken photos for Chooky to post, hoping to do that this week some time. All the same, I'm loving the project. Again, yours is just wonderful, are you going to make more than one? Hugs...

Jude said...

Your quilt looks beautiful, perhaps I will hurry and finish mine as well.

Chookyblue...... said...

gorgeous Pip......congrats on finishing your quilt and thannks so much for being part of the SAL........goodluck with your next project........