1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Thursday, March 10, 2011

A Gardener's Journal - Quilted and Bound

YAY!  I have finished quilting my Gardener's Journal Quilt.  I love how it has turned out. Okay it is quilted and the binding is on, but I still have to stitch down the binding.  My daughter is holding it up. Oops her bed isn't made - cause it is bedtime and she is about to climb in.



and another view.  See at the top - that is my dog, Molly sleeping under the quilt.


Here is a close up of the quilting.  I quilted flowers in the borders.


Okay off to stitch down the binding and on to Tis the Season!

13 comments:

quiltma said...

Beautiful! You should be proud.

Cubby House Crafts said...

That is one very gorgeous quilt!!! Congratulations!
Lisa

Cheryl (aka Kayly) said...

The quilt looks wonderful. I wish I had been game and quilted flowers on the border. Ah, there's always next time.Love the colours and fabric you used.
Your daughter's bedroom and bed look fine. I can see her floor! I can't remember the colour of my son's bedroom floor. It hasn't seen the light of day or any light bulb for quite some time. LOL... I certainly wouldn't take any photos in there, unless it was for a horror movie!!!!

Grethe said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! Your quilt looks
super,I am so glad that you show it to us:-)

Chookyblue...... said...

ok the race is on..........you, Pia and me.........who's going to get the binding done first..........quilt looks great...........love love love the fabrics............

fialka012 said...

❤ ❤ ❤

Love Bears All Things said...

Hello,
Doesn't it feel good to get it done. I enlarged it to see the detail...beautiful quilting.
Mama Bear

nimble thimble stitchery-do said...

It's beautiful!!!
Mom would have absolutely loved it!!! You have really inspired me...once again!

Unknown said...

Your Quilt is Lovely as is your Border Fabric and the Quilting really stands out...
Well Done on your Finish...
cheers

Marg said...

I love the fabrics you've chosen. The quilt looks fantastic. Wish I'd done this one - maybe I still can. The colours are so lovely. Good luck with the binding.

suzitee said...

Wooohooo...what a beautiful quilt! I really can't wait for mine to come home from the quilters! That raspberry colour is gorgeous.

Jindi's Cottage said...

Gorgeous...well done...

Vicky said...

That is just stunning. What a beautiful quilt, you must be really pleased with it :-)