1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Doing a time warp

It may be July 1st here in New Zealand, but I'm hoping Chookyblue will think of me in another hemisphere so that I can be on time posting this (last) months block.  Having DH back home has put me just a tad behind on some of my stitching goals - it's amazing how much time these men can take up!
Anyway, here it is, done and dusted.  I passed a comment to a friend recently that the builder of this house needs to be sacked as most of it is warped, thank goodness non of you can see it up close.
On to the next one.
Have a great day
Miche'le

8 comments:

Margaret said...

It looks great nice straight blocks to set it off.

Chookyblue...... said...

lol......we all know Aust is "ahead" of NZ.......lol.......so lets just pretend our time is too.........lol........

your block looks great from here......and now you can do a little celebratory dance because you're 1/3rd of the way thru the blocks......

Grethe said...

Lovely,cheerfull hourseblock,it looks so nice :-)

Anonymous said...

I have been watching you ladies progressing through the blocks thinking what a nice book it must be. Today whilst putting some craft books away I found a copy of it!!!!! Could have been doing it to!!!

Love Bears All Things said...

I'm sure that somewhere it is still June 30th...It is early morning here on the 1st so you haven't missed by many hours...I, sometimes, have a problem with 'working on my projects' while Honey Bear is home...I've always stuck pretty close to him even if he is on the computer..at least we're in the same room...the closer he gets to retirement the more I am thinking I will have to change this or I'll never get anything done...
My house is wonky too and I just decided it is very old and primitive...Congrats on finishing June's block...you have a whole month now to work on July...I'm almost ready to put mine together.

To Anonymous: I think you should go ahead and start on it if you want to.
Mama Bear

Kimonos and Sushi(OLD BLOG) said...

Well done on the completion of a block.

Jytte R said...

It is a very lovely C block you have made. Your wreath block is much nicer than mine.
Jytte R

Bec said...

Your block looks fabulous, and one day overdue is pretty good, I am a few months late with mine!
By te time my house is done I am sure it will be in competition with yours for warpiness!